Saturday 15 December 2012

In the agora

Man with laptop: Excuse me, would you mind turning the sound on your phone down or using headphones?
Man with mobile phone: What?
Man with laptop: I said, would you mind turning the sound on your phone down or using headphones?
Man with mobile phone: Why should I? What's it to you?
Man with laptop: It's disturbing me.
Man with mobile phone: No it isn't.
Man with laptop: It's very loud and it's disturbing me.
Man with a mobile phone: No it isn't. How could it be? I can hardly hear it myself. I have turned it down as much as I am going to.
Man with laptop: Perhaps you have damaged your hearing. Please turn it down. It's disturbing me.
Man with a mobile phone: It can't be. Fuck off.
Man with a laptop: Why would I lie?
Man with a mobile phone: Maybe you're a cunt.
Man with a laptop: So you refuse to stop behaving antisocially?
Man with a mobile phone: Fuck off, cunt.
Man with a laptop: Well, it's very kind of you to share your music with me. I'd like you to hear some of mine. I'll just point the speaker at you so you can hear it. It's really very quiet. You'll have to listen cartefully.
Man with a mobile phone: Jesus Christ! You trying to deafen me? What's that crap? That's just noise. Turn it down.
Man with a laptop: No, Sir. Why should I? You can't hear it.
Man with a mobile phone: Do want me to hit you?
Man with a laptop: Grow up.
Man with a mobile phone: Fuck off! Fuck off! {exit],